Going or Staying or Going

I was going to stay in Santorini for another day and then take the ferry back to Athens tomorrow. I went across the street for some breakfast when I saw how bad the weather was becoming. And so quickly, too …. It was very windy and looked like it was about to rain any minute. I walked down to the travel agency to find out whether they thought the ferry would run tomorrow with the weather being the way it was. They said if it got worse then there was a chance that the ferry wouldn’t run. I had to make a decision. I decided to head back to Athens a day early. I didn’t want to take a chance that the ferry wouldn’t be running.

I had to head into Fira to get my ticket changed to today and then took a taxi down to the port to wait for the ferry. The ferry left at 3:30 and I arrived at the Port in Athens (Pireaus) around 11:00 pm. Upon arriving at the port, I made my way to the bus station. I decided to head to the airport and see if I could get my ticket changed to Tuesday. Otherwise, I was almost contemplating waiting at the airport until Wednesday morning. That would have been a long wait ….. I headed down to the travel agency on the ground floor to see how much a hotel room would cost me for two nights. It ended up being 30,000 drachma which amounted to under $100. I guess I will find out exactly how much it ended up being when I call my credit card company to find out.

The hotel I ended up staying at was the King Jason hotel. I took a bus from the airport to Syntagma Square and then a taxi from the Square to the hotel. As you can see, I decided not to get my ticket changed since I had gone to another ticket counter and they said there was a restriction on the ticket. Plus, at this point, I was getting too tired and only wanted sleep. Arrived at the hotel around 3:30 – 4:00 am. I watched some tv before falling asleep around 5:30 am.