Last Day in London

I headed out of Stratford-Upon-Avon at 7:05. I was supposed to arrive in London at 10:30. The traffice was so bad that I didn’t arrive in London until 12:00. Then the bus went out of service and I wasn’t even at my stop yet. Finally a city bus pulled up that would take me to Victoria Coach Station. I will be leaving my backpack at the station so I could see more of London without having to carry it around with me.

I headed to Westminster Station where Westminster Abbey is located since I didn’t get to see the inside of it the last time I was here. The inside had a memorial to Winston Churchill as well as the graves for Elizabeth I and Mary, Queen of Scots. I wanted to see Hampton Court Palace but I didn’t know where the tube stop was since it wasn’t located on the map I had for the tube.

I had to get to a phone to call Maryam and visit with her before I leave. I was at Victoria Coach Station where i made the call after I had picked up my pack from the station. It was around 7:00 and I didn’t want to backtrack to pick up my bag. Maryam was home so I met her at Bayswater Station near where she lives. She wanted me to crash at her apartment tonight and catch the tube in the morning that would take me to the airport. The only thing is the tube starts running around 6:30 in the morning and I needed to be at the airport by 7:00. It would take over an hour to get from London to Heathrow if I took the tube so this wouldn’t work. I told Maryam I was planning on staying at the airport overnight so I wouldn’t miss my flight.

We walked to her apartment where I got to meet her mother-in-law and her husband. I talked about my trip to Europe since the last time I hung out with her was right before I headed to Paris at the beginning of April. Then we headed down to this restaurant (located inside the mall) for dinner. It was close to 9:00 before we ate dinner. I have never eaten this late. I ordered chicken texicana  which is a chicken burrito. We left the restaurant about 11:00. Now, at this time, I was all set to take the tube. Maryam’s mother-in-law didn’t feel good about me taking the tube this late at night by myself. She said she would drive me to the airport. Got to the airport around midnight. Ended up dozing off and on throughout the night. I knew I wouldn’t get much sleep trying to sleep sitting up in a chair.

This will be my last entry since I started writing about my travels three months ago.